Thursday, 8 November 2012

Unwell and sleep deprived

It's getting colder in Delhi by the minute. Also, foggier. I don't get it. As far as I remember, early November wasn't this cold but maybe I'm losing memory. I'm not entirely sure which of the two it is. Anyway, I've managed to get a slight cold in this weather, which to be fair on myself, wasn't that difficult.

On top of that, I couldn't get any sleep last night. I wasn't sleeping at my house, I was somewhere else because some minor renovation work made it impossible to sleep at home last night. Not that I got any sleep at all where I was. I am fortunate enough to not have any problems adjusting to a new bed (a new pillow, however, is an exception) but before I could even doze off, my chances of sleeping were battered by loud bass noises coming from a nearby "party". We were told this morning that it was a Diwali Card Party of some sort which didn't explain anything to me... not a good enough reason to not let a person who's unwell to keep up all night. So there I was, listening to that somewhat low but persistent dhump dhump dhump, lying wide awake with a headache, body-ache and a very sore throat.  It got worse as the night went on-- it seems like all the cars from that party, and everywhere else, got together and decided to honk non-stop till 4am. That, along with the dhump dhump dhump.

 I have such a severe headache now and I'm coughing like a maniac. And I am cursing those fools in my head right now. I understand that Diwali is a joyous holiday and that everyone wants to celebrate etc etc...but COME ON! It's not even that noisy on Diwali itself!

1 comment:

Reshma said...

TicketGoose.com Launched in August 2007 has been a leader in Ticketing Web Portal for Booking of Bus Tickets.They operate over 3000 Destinations in South India and have collaboration with more than 250 Travel Agents. Kpn Travels bus tickets online booking of Bus Tickets through Ticketgoose.com with simple money transaction procedures. Can also select seats, Book return Tickets and also cancel Tickets Online.