Sunday, 30 August 2009

Glass Window

Trapped. And all there is as an excuse for a connection with the outside world is a glass window.
I hate it, I do. I hate every bit of it. But that’s not even the point. The point is that I loved every bit of it. I still do, I still love all this if one looks at the bigger scheme of events. But for now, this very real, slow moment, I hate everything I love.
A “madwoman in the attic”? Maybe. And all there is as an outlet, is a glass window.
It’s raining outside & I’ve always loved that. But now its mocking at me, the rain is. I hate it. I see it falling from the sky & touching everything but myself. And so, I’m left untouched. For I’m trapped.
It’s not really a torture chamber. There’s everything one needs for a luxurious existence. But for all those things one wants, one loves, outside their glass windows.
You’re not on your own. You’re with your people. You never have had to lift a finger.
What help is that? I’m trapped, and this structure that holds me…its suffocating me, as if it’s a vacuum, like a very tight corset. Society is like a hand that destines you to wear a corset with an excuse to make you look desirable, and then pulls the strings so hard that the corset crushes your ribs, knocks out the breath out of your body, and leave you like this for life.
And you smile, to make yourself look desirable. You see yourself in that corset and high heels through the glass window.
I see and do nothing for I’m trapped. And supposed to be grateful for this entrapment. But for all those things outside my glass window.
Because I’m a woman.

15 comments:

Dark ocean lord said...

jeez...what was dat?

Dark ocean lord said...

luks like ur stuck in hell,with nur own permission.

Anya said...

i donno how to break this to you but here goes:
1. it is not mandatory that the piece of literature is conveying the same emotions as the author is. they are 2 different things, respect that.

2. its a piece of literature, treat it like one.

3. try & appreciate the ART.

Anya said...

and you asked what that was... THAT was about being a girl, not me; ANY girl.

Revti said...

woah! i like the corset part :-)

Anya said...

:)

the corset part is my personal fav!

ansh said...

are u in love?

ansh said...

a good poem.

ansh said...

well it seems from ur todays blog that ur in love well if ur in love then just go and tell one u love,and if u need some tips then always there for help u can mail me ansh.6700@gmail.com

Anya said...

hmmmm... ok, no, i'm not in love. you thought that just because of my latest post? i love that poem, but certainly not because i'm in love. it's just a piece of art that i so admire, and thus, posted it here.

also, did you call "Glass Window" a poem? it's not.

and thanks for your..concern.. but i think i'll keep it to here?

ansh said...

well really sorry,in any ways i din wan hurt u but really appreciate ur blogging sense,and thanks u replied will u become an online friend a request to u,i did visit ur orkut pf but couldn send u a request so it ill be great if u send me a request or give ur id hope u won mind all the best by

ansh said...

h

Anonymous said...

well thanks for replyin a request to u can we be online friends if u won mind,i did visit ur ork profile it il be great if u send me a friend request or give ur id hope u won mind,and really sorry if hurt u some how by the post bye

Anonymous said...

great

Anya said...

i'm sorry.. but i don't entertain virtual friends expect on my blog.